Together with the 20 year $6 Billion Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT), the Carson Leslie Foundation hosted Researchers RoundUp on the 10 year anniversary of Carson’s death.
We rounded up over 50 of Texas’ most outstanding scientists who are interested and committed to finding a cure for childhood brain tumors. Scientists presented their research findings, held discussions on collaborations and to translate their work to meaningful treatment options.
CLF is working to establish innovative public/private partnerships with CPRIT to invest in fully vetted and funded childhood brain cancer research projects focused on medulloblastoma.
CPRIT is a 20-year $6,000,000,000.00 cancer research institution.
CPRIT is the 2nd largest funder of cancer research, outside the US government
CPRIT has made childhood cancer a top priority.
- 12% of CPRIT’s portfolio is invested into childhood cancer research.
- Proportionately, CPRIT’s commitment to childhood cancer is 3x more than the national rate.
- In 2017 and 2018, CPRIT invested 24% of their portfolio into childhood cancer research.
- Never in this country’s history has a state put this kind of money into biomedical research.
- CPRIT’s commitment to childhood cancer research is unprecedented.
- Members of CAC2 are collaborative leaders in the community and should be aware of CPRIT.
- Funding organizations throughout the nation have invested in CPRIT funded grants including
- CPRIT is a VALUABLE funder of childhood cancer research.